As the weather gets chilly, I find myself craving the taste of autumn. On my last trip to the grocery store, my eyes landed on a can of Organic Pumpkin Puree. Ooooooh, my taste buds sang…. and the creative spark was struck! Since I’m a “what’s in the pantry” kind of cook, I immediately thought a stew would be the perfect way to help me get my veggies in and my pumpkin on in one dish. Thus, the Fall Pumpkin Slow Cooker Stew Recipe was born!
Only 6 ingredients are necessary for this easy prep dish.
- 1 Can Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Organic Yellow Squash, Diced
- 2 Large Organic Carrots, Sliced
- 2 Large Green Bell Peppers, Diced
- 4 Cups Organic Broth (chicken, beef, or veggie)
- 1 Cup Water
- Spices to Taste (I used turmeric, fresh ground black pepper, fresh ground Himalayan pink salt, chicken seasoning blend).
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Ghee (or oil of choice)
Combine all ingredients in your crock pot. Set to LOW and walk away. Come back in 8 hours and enjoy alongside a leafy salad.
Pro Tip: Do a quick taste test around the 6 or 7 hour mark. If you need more seasoning, add it then wait the extra hour or two before eating.
When you try this recipe, make sure to leave a comment here to let me know what you think. Happy slow cooking 😉